
Yesterday when Jon and I got up for Photo Day, I continued to think about how financially irresponsible it was. We are behind in our mortgage and we shouldn't be spending money on "unnecessary" items. We have gotten several letters/calls from our credit card companies saying they have reduced our credit. We knew this was going to happen when Wells Fargo started the process for potential foreclosure and I'm sure the worst is yet to come but something made me stop worrying--another boy at 20 had died of Duchenne.
When this kind of news happens, it makes me cry but I think harder about Connor's mortality. Also the latest boy had Autism and there have been suspicions that Connor has some tendencies in this area. It hit even harder on this one more that the other two deaths in the last month. After I stopped crying, I didn't worry about the money for the photos any more. I know one day I will be looking back on these "unnecessary" photos wishing we had that day all over again.
Even though we are also in financial crisis, there are things that become necessary when dealing with a life-limiting fatal disease. And although it doesn't make sense in my head at times, it makes sense in my heart. So Wells Fargo, we can take it. It will not be the worst we will live through.
When this kind of news happens, it makes me cry but I think harder about Connor's mortality. Also the latest boy had Autism and there have been suspicions that Connor has some tendencies in this area. It hit even harder on this one more that the other two deaths in the last month. After I stopped crying, I didn't worry about the money for the photos any more. I know one day I will be looking back on these "unnecessary" photos wishing we had that day all over again.
Even though we are also in financial crisis, there are things that become necessary when dealing with a life-limiting fatal disease. And although it doesn't make sense in my head at times, it makes sense in my heart. So Wells Fargo, we can take it. It will not be the worst we will live through.
No comments:
Post a Comment