So I just read this article about how social networking and blogging are the new ways to find jobs:
http://www.webinknow.com/2008/11/downsized-fired-here-are-the-new-rules-of-finding-a-job.html
Gee--thanks. Yet another thing to worry about besides trying to find a job but am I going about it the right way? In addition, am I doing enough of all this web 2.0 stuff to find a job? All this on the heels of an interview where I was given a script test for a QA job. Not even a Senior level job (which I am). So in addition to all this, I apparently need to code. Why not just post a Software Engineering job and be done with it instead of making me feel inferior because I can't code. So this my contribution one step further into the web 2.0 world. Now to buy a webcam with my Unemployment check.
BTW--I had tests last week for a Sr. QA job which I passed with flying colors but apparently salary and commute won out as issues to them before even offering me a job. Aren't those things that I should be deciding?
2 comments:
I don't understand how salary and commute even affected them - shouldn't they have at least offered you the job at what they wanted to pay and let you reject them???
Tell me about it. I think they were worried I'd take the job until the next "better" thing came along honestly. Whatever--there has got to be a job out there for me even if it's not until January. More time with the fam!
Post a Comment