I'm starting to wonder if I pissed off God somehow. I think I'm a good person. Most people like me but somehow I must have taken a wrong turn . . . it all started last week.
We lost power for most of the night into mid morning but got it back pretty quickly. The same day I found a bug crawling on my youngest son so called the Bug Man to do what was needed. That entailed the boys and I being evicted from our house for most of the next day, dog included. No biggie--we just went to vistit family. That same day, my Mom was admitted to the hospital. "Just for some tests" the Doc says but she needed to spend one night (or so we thought).
Then the ice storm hit. J and I didn't sleep a wink that night hearing branches breaking throughout the night including several thuds that we were sure hit some part of the house. Our youngest was in our room on account of the bug spray (whom we had to move since he was near a window). The next morning we assessed the damage--3 down trees and our power/cable/phone were on the ground as well but no damage to the house thankfully. Same deal with the neighbors. J had to chainsaw through to make a driveway and then hack with an ax since the chainsaw wasn't hearty enough.
Out came the generator--our wonderful amazing generator! The last time we needed it the power was out for 2 days and that was rough. I couldn't imagine it being longer than that. Here we are on Day 6 without power now. Luckily my Mom was released from the hospital (only yesterday) and is doing much better. We did take a break from Generator Sitting to visit her and do a load of laundry. It looks like we'll still be without power until Thursday. I believe I'll be going into a TV coma when that happens. And taking a really long shower. So seriously God, can we have power back for Christmas or do I need to start hitting up to Santa?
2 comments:
Want to come visit CT?! I can't believe you are still w/o power!
I know. This is utter insanity!
Post a Comment