Monday, October 11, 2010

Connor's Cure

So tomorrow we are meeting with the Pediatric Neurometobolic Specialist to determine Connor's course of treatment. I've been doing all sorts of research, listing questions, trying to figure out the next steps so we can plan and all I really want is one question answered, "How do I save my son's life?" And I already know the answer to that one. She can't, we can't, no one can. There is no cure. Even though we've been dealing with this for more than 3 weeks, it still feels like a nightmare. I know it will take time to accept, but no one wants to accept anything like this.

What we hope for tomorrow is that Dr. Specht will be able to guide us in the best course of treatment to help him be as safely active as he can for as long as he can. He won't have a lot of the firsts his brothers will but he'll have a whole new set. Like when Liam helps him put his leg braces on for the first time or Declan roller blading behind his power wheelchair. We are trying to focus on these new unique wonderful experiences. In the mean time, Connor still loves to dance and will love his new swing set when it's delivered.

No comments: